After the initial installation and set up, you will use these instructions any time you want to coordinate your InstantGMP™ and QuickBooks requisitions and purchase order data.
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks must be open before the InstantGMP Material Export app can run
- It is highly recommended that you backup your company file before using the export app for the first time
2. On the same computer, open the InstantGMP Material Export app (QuickBooks may ask if you want to allow accessing the company file; if so, select Yes, always).
When the InstantGMP Material Export establishes a connection with QuickBooks Desktop, it checks which version of the qbXML specification is supported by the version of QuickBooks that is currently running.
- The InstantGMP Material Export will branch and deal intelligently with differences between different versions of the qbXML specification.
- Data exchange will be under the control of the business owner. Data will be exported from the InstantGMP application in a way that all data coming into QuickBooks can be reviewed and edited prior to export.
- During the first use of the Material Exporter, the following U/M sets will be installed or updated in QuickBooks: bottle, box, carton, ea, fl oz, ft, g, gal, in, kg, L, lb, m, mg, mL, oz, shipper, tblsp, tsp.
- During the first use of the Material Exporter, an Income Account = InstantGMP will be added or updated.
3. Open your InstantGMP software and navigate to the “Requisitions” screen:
4. Click the “Download Purchase Orders” button. A dialog box will open:
5. Save the file to a convenient location on your computer (e.g. your Desktop).
6. Go to the InstantGMP™ Export app and click the “Open” button.
7. Open the PurchaseOrders file that was just saved and click the “Export” button to begin the export of requisitions into QuickBooks.
- The InstantGMP™ Material Export transfers the following into the QuickBooks Desktop : P.O Vendor, P.O. Number, Item, Description, Quantity, Unit of Measure, Rate, Customer, Type, Income Account.
- Note: The Item Name and the Vendor Name must be limited to 30 characters in InstantGMP when you planning to export to QuickBooks.
- During transfer, the InstantGMP Material Export will check to see if the P.O. No. is unique and does not yet exist in QuickBooks. If it does exist, it will skip the export of that P.O.
- The PO export function will have the ability to determine if an inventory part is new to QuickBooks.
- If so, it will add the new inventory items with data such as P.O Vendor, P.O. Number, Item, Description, Quantity, Unit of Measure, Rate, Customer, Type, Income Account, COGS Account with default of Manufacturing, Asset Account with default of Inventory Asset.
- The Material export app will display the item name, and allow the other fields to be edited prior to export.
- If any Unit of Measure or Income Account is not already in the QuickBooks desktop, the Material export app will add them.
- If any Vendor is not already in QuickBooks, the Material export app will add them.
- If the Customer Name is blank in the Material Export app, it will export the row without a Customer Name.
- If the rate is blank in the Material Export app, it will use the rate associated with the item to fill in the rate in the QuickBooks Purchase Order.
- If the amount is blank in the Material Export app, it will use the rate associated with the item to fill in the rate in the QuickBooks Purchase Order and have QuickBooks fill in the amount.
- When errors in exporting occur, error messages will be displayed which indicate what caused the error.
- A notification will appear when new inventory items have been added in QuickBooks since the last export.
- After export, the .csv file will be deleted from your computer.